Friday, October 19, 2012

The League Season 4 Episode 2 Review

If you are a football fan you need to watch this show, especially if you are a fantasy football fan you NEED to watch this show. It might be the funniest show on television and while you do not need to understand football to understand it, for instance I have friends who hate sports but love the show, it would enhance it.

This episode started off really strong and the main story lines were Kevin and Jenny's choice as to whether or not to give Chalupa a circumcision and Pete's whole waiver and rating system. I thought it transitioned well to get the other characters involved, but these were the main 2 things.

The whole circumcision thing worked out well in my opinion, it was a bit generic for him to get nervous about his Doctor and his wife, but overall I felt the story worked. Without spoiling too much the ending was well timed and as this show likes to do is bring back jokes in an unexpected way at the end.

Pete's whole +1 thing was great and could become a thing, I mean really people already do this when they see someone but this places a point value on it. It was a nice twist at the end with Taco, and I especially loved the breakdown of her point value of him at the end. The funniest line was the "Well you know my ex, so you probably know how I am in bed minus 1".

The Andre jokes were well paced and hit at all the right times, as was the ending with Shhhhhhhhheeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvaaaaaaaaaaa. It was great to finally find the answer to what is going on with Andre's penis. Yes I just typed that sentence.

The episode delivered numerous jokes throughout the entire episode and their Jokes per minute was off the charts. These were not just random but were well time jokes that usually hit and related to the overall story. You can tell they set out to tell a funny structured story and it hit in my opinion. I will remember this episode fondly.


Overall, I give this episode a 9.0, it delivered often and advanced the show into an interesting direction with the line from SHHHEEEVVAA



No comments:

Post a Comment